Popular Posts

2011/08/21

Review: Play! FTIsland concert 2011.08.20

If you're not really into K-pop or just really not into the cutesy teenypop that most boybands are famous for, but just want to go to something that won't bore you but is still korean, then I recommend going to an FTIsland concert. Though you'll have to deal with a bunch of screaming girls (which is typical for most concerts anywhere in the world) FTIsland doesn't have the same bubble-gum pop feel to them. In fact, I would go as far as to call them an actual band. All the members play an instrument or more. The lead singer is an amazing performer that knows how to work a stage (and how to work his women up into a frenzy). Standing can become something like a moshpit because everyone is jumping around to the music. Definitely the best live band I've gone to in Korea. Not only are they all very talented men, they're cute to boot. And well, for someone like me, that's really all that matters.

Here's a few of their official music videos if you think you'd like to go to their concert. Be reminded that their songs sound at LEAST 100x better in real life than they do on any of their albums. I was a luke warm fan when I first heard their songs. I thought they lacked the rock feel for a proclaimed 'rock' band. And then I heard them live and went 'WELL...THAT'S WHERE THE ROCK WENT.'



No comments:

Post a Comment